Here is an introduction to our project.
The Edinburgh Food Project is part of the Trussell Trust network of foodbanks, providing emergency food parcels to people living in food poverty. We opened in northwest Edinburgh in 2012, based out of our founder’s garage, with only a handful of volunteers, we now:
- Have seven foodbank centres across Edinburgh, which are open 15 times per week
- Have over 190 dedicated volunteers
- Have fed over 42,000 people – providing over 378,000 meal equivalents
- Have processed over 44,000kg of food donations (98,000kg in 2017/18)
- Work with over 230 support agencies
If you would like to support the Edinburgh Food Project, please click here.