5 months ago we took the decision to close our foodbank centres and provide a next day delivery service, to protect our clients and volunteers. As lockdown has begun to ease, we have been working hard to put the processes and procedures in place to allow our foodbank centres to reopen.
We are now in a position to safely open the following foodbank centres:
- Broughton (opening w/c 14 September 2020)
- Grassmarket (opening w/c 14 September 2020)
- Prestonfield (opening w/c 14 September 2020)
- Tollcross (open)
- South Queensferry (open)
For updated opening times and locations please visit the locations page HERE.
As not all of our centre are ready to reopen we continue to provide a delivery service to the following postcodes:
COVID procedures at the Centres
At each of the centres there will be strict COVID guidance in place:
Before entering the centre:
- Queue outside the building (like at the supermarkets)
- Provide Test and Protect information to the host volunteer (people can opt not to)
- Wear a face mask (EFP can provide disposable masks if needed)
- Sanitise their hands (sanitiser provided by EFP)
While in the centre:
- There are 4 stations:
- Food parcel
- Toiletries and extras
- Only one person is allowed at each station at a time, to allow for 2m between clients – there will be X marked on the floor to show where people should stand.
- Stations with volunteers, will have 2 tables – to allow 2m between the volunteers and clients
- Unfortunately, we are not yet able to offer tea/coffee and a place to sit and chat.
|Broughton St Mary’s Parish Church
St Columba’s by the Castle
14 Johnston Terrace
|Prestonfield||Wed 13:30-15:30||Priestfield Parish Church
2 Marchhall Place