Office & Finance Manager
37.5 hrs per week
Closing Date: 12 noon, 10th August 2020
Interviews: w/c 17th August 2020
The role of Office and Finance Manager, reporting to the Director, is a key role within Edinburgh Food Project. As a small charitable organisation we need an experienced individual to develop and maintain robust administrative and financial systems, to ensure the smooth operation of the organisation.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for keeping accurate and up to date accounts and financial information, on Xero, in line with legal requirements.
- Liaising with Treasurer in the production of regular reports and year end accounts for the Trustees.
- Ensure all invoices are paid promptly and accurate records are kept.
- Manage the banking of cheques and cash collections.
- Reconcile the bank accounts and petty cash regularly as required.
- Manage the process for individual donations and gift aid, liaising with the Treasurer, to maximise donations to the organisation.
- Liaise with corporate donors.
- Run payroll and setup salary payments.
- Posting manual journals, on Xero, in conjunction with the Treasurer.
- Prepare and process staff expense payments.
- Providing financial data for inclusion in reports to grant funders.
- Produce and manage annual budget, in conjunction with the Treasurer.
- Process grant agreements; and develop and maintain the organisations grant management system.
General Office Administration
- Manage and train a team of admin volunteers who will provide a friendly welcome to the project and a professional “front-of-house” response to all telephone, email and in-person enquiries from members and the general public.
- Managing contracts, agreements and relationships with all suppliers, eg office landlord, IT contractors, banks, insurers.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office – that all services are operating optimally (IT, broadband, telephone, other utilities) and that supplies like stationery are kept replenished.
- Providing team support – for example, managing diaries, booking travel, booking key events, minute staff meetings and collate updates for social media/website/newsletters
- Provide administrative support to the Director when required.
Legislation, Compliance, Health & Safety and Facilities
- Ensure that the organisation works to high standards of financial management and accountability.
- In conjunction with the Director, ensure that the organisation is compliant in areas such as data protection and health & safety.
- Subscribe to relevant publications and keep a note of Finance requirements
- In conjunction with the Director ensure that the organisation complies with relevant legislation
- Ensure policies are updated as required
- Ensure organisational paperwork is updated, filed safely both physically and electronically
- Act as a named First Aider for the building and order first aid supplies as necessary.
Key Skills and Experience
- Three years’ or more experience of financial management, in the charity or not-for-profit sector.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Xero, Excel spreadsheets, and production of financial reports.
- Experience of managing and developing databases and project management systems.
- Familiarity with charity sector law and regulations, as well as with relevant general legislation eg GDPR, health & safety, human resources.
- Knowledge of current administrative best practice in the sector
- Experience of meeting preparation and minute-taking.
- Able to communicate clearly both formally and informally; verbally and in writing
- Logical and practical approach to tasks
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- Strong customer focus and the ability to work well with a wide range of people
Terms and Conditions
Location: Unit 12 New Lairdship Yards, Edinburgh, EH11 3UY
Reports to: Director
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 dependant on experience
Annual Leave: 25 days + 9 bank holidays
Pension: 3% employer contribution
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
To apply email your CV and a cover letter, no longer than one side A4, to: